November week 2 roundup of the latest patterns and designer news in the Hand Embroidery community.
By Stella of Why Knot Stitches
~ This is a beautiful, flowing design that comes off of the hoop and uses simply satin stitches.
- Designs for embroidery photo frames are a beautiful idea from Chantel of MagnusAndQuill on Etsy
- Scarlett of Stitch Gothica has a YouTube channel with tips for her own designs as well as techniques in general
- Twelve month (annual) subscription to the Bustle & Sew Magazine digital publication pdf sewing embroidery magazine available through Etsy
- Carmen and Leo are doing a 30-day stitch challenge that includes paid access to their stitch library and video tutorials, see their Etsy shop for details
- Hand Embroidery Companion Cards are a brilliant new product from Jessica Long, read all about it on her website
- Sarah Homfray has a new instructional video on YouTube with Confused by needle types? Let me explain which one you should be using for what!
- Etsy shop Which Stitch Studio is known for their decorative embroidery hoops and just released an ebook How To Make Decorative Embroidery Hoops with over 20 ideas
- The Stitchery announced a mystery box PRE-ORDER 12 Days Of Christmas Set
- Rivertop Needleworks also listed Printable Embroidery Planner Pages with three designs via Etsy
- Sarah Homfray has a new video on How to identify, sort and keep your embroidery needles in good order!
- In a recent blog post, Mary of Needle ‘n Thread shared her love for a mellor? which is apparently great for gold work
- Forest Fox Stitch Along by Lolli and Grace starts October 26th, see their blog post for more info
- Carmen and Leo recently added a Weekly Embroidery Project Planner as a PDF to their Etsy something they created based on their own needs
Hand Embroidery Designs:
- NOMADembroideryCo on Etsy released a Trio of Christmas Trees in geometric-style stitches
- Magnus And Quill designed another A-frame cabin which has huge candy canes, fluffy snow, and smoke from a chimney, Gingerbread Cabin is available in their Etsy shop
- Mandy of DiYOrder on Etsy offers a kit with options for Santa Squirrel, ships from Canada
- Kayleigh of Floss and Hoop on Etsy says Tis the Season to be Jolly in this typography design
- Tamar Nahir Yanai designed a winter scene with Snowy Cabin as a kit with options on Etsy, ships from Israel
- Ashley of FormedFibers listed a cozy pattern to stich a hat, scarf, and sweater with Baby, It’s Cold Outside in her Etsy shop
- Momentoell has a new textured design with Night Owl in her Etsy shop
- EmilyJuneHandmade has us blasting off in Rocket Ship as a pattern or kit on Etsy
- The Angel is a beautiful design with loose threads that serve as a gown from Stella of WhyKnotStitches on Etsy
The latest hand embroidery books via Bookshop.org:
- Embroidery: The Ideal Guide to Stitching, Whatever Your Level of Expertise by Lucinda Ganderton
- How to Embroider Almost Every Cute Thing: A Sourcebook by Nihon Vogue
- Modern Japanese Embroidery Stitches by Noriko Tsuchihashi
- Represent! Embroidery: Stitch 10 Colorful Projects & 100+ Designs Featuring a Full Range of Shapes, Skin Tones & Hair Textures by Bianca Springer
- Bayeux Stitch by Tanya Bentham
- Sisters Gonna Stitch: A Feminist Embroidery Guide by Cotton Clara
- Sunny Stitches: Sweet & Simple Embroidery Projects for Absolute Beginners by Celeste Johnston
For more of the latest patterns, lists, and links – hop on over to The Front Page of Hand Embroidery here on Frogging News.