October week 4.5 roundup of the latest patterns and designer news in the Hand Embroidery community.
Jessica created a set of cards which are stitch diagrams for hand embroidery.
Hand Embroidery around the web:
- Sarah Homfray has a new instructional video on YouTube with Confused by needle types? Let me explain which one you should be using for what!
- Etsy shop Which Stitch Studio is known for their decorative embroidery hoops and just released an ebook How To Make Decorative Embroidery Hoops with over 20 ideas
- The Stitchery announced a mystery box PRE-ORDER 12 Days Of Christmas Set
- Scottish designer jennyblairkits on Etsy listed a woodland design with Cosy Cabin
- Nest Embirdery added a few new kits to their Etsy shop with Floral Sloth and Floral Bats, ships from Canada
- Tamar Nahir Yanai updated her Etsy shop with this bright, cheery design Snowy Girl – Embroidery Kit
- And Other Adventures has an eye on Valentine’s Day with Burgundy and Blush Wildflower Embroidery kit available on Etsy, ships from the US
- Embroidery by Alba listed a design for a cozy Mushroom Home to her Etsy shop
- Elahe of Momentoell has another beautiful textured design with Stork on Holiday in her Etsy shop
- Liz of Cozy Blue is here to brighten up our November days with this summer pattern Weekend Picnic on Etsy
- Cinnamon Stitching added Christmas Cat Embroidery Kit with a variety of stiches to their Etsy shop
- Celeste of Lemon Made Shop listed Arkansas State Embroidery Pattern as a PDF from her Etsy shop
- Magnus And Quill has some Seasonal Confusion for us with a cute pumpkin snowman and a santa ghost on Etsy
- Sewbeeeit has a fun new design with Gingerbread farm house with a little veggie patch and a cute garden, all inside a magical snow globe via Etsy
- Avlea Folk Embroidery has a new luxurious cushion embroidery kit called Athenian Palmette
- Kathy Schmitz recently added her four Seasons Samplers to her Etsy store as a set or individually
- Mammoth Cave National Park is home to the longest cave system in the US and is also an outline-style pattern by Wandering Threads Art on Etsy
- Why Knot Stitches added a design for Christmas Tree in turkey loop stitches to Etsy
New books coming this fall/winter via Bookshop.org:
- Embroidery: The Ideal Guide to Stitching, Whatever Your Level of Expertise by Lucinda Ganderton
- How to Embroider Almost Every Cute Thing: A Sourcebook by Nihon Vogue
- Modern Japanese Embroidery Stitches by Noriko Tsuchihashi
- Bayeux Stitch by Tanya Bentham
- Sisters Gonna Stitch: A Feminist Embroidery Guide by Cotton Clara
- Sunny Stitches: Sweet & Simple Embroidery Projects for Absolute Beginners by Celeste Johnston
Fun stuff from social media:
For more of the latest patterns, lists, and links – hop on over to The Front Page of Hand Embroidery here on Frogging News.