Please see the embedded Instagram posts below for more information, but let’s go over it real quick here.
- What: Cross-stitch for a cause!
- Where: Your stitchy corner, use #MoonandStarsforPKSAL on Instagram and join a virtual stitch and chat with proof of donation
- When: Donate and stitch between now and October and October 1st is the virtual chat
- How: Make a donation to Care.org Pakistan Flood Relief, show proof to either @DaybreakStitchery or @MarroomyCrafts and stitch on something with moon and stars
- Who: Hosted by Nitya of Daybreak Stitchery (Instagram, YouTube) and Maryam of Marroomy Crafts (Instagram, YouTube, Gumroad)
- Why: “Catastrophic floods in Pakistan, affecting over 30 million people, have killed more than 900 people in the past few weeks, and the situation continues to deteriorate…” “Our highest priority is supporting women, children and people with special needs.” – Adil Sheraz, CARE Pakistan Country Director Press Release
The patterns for the stitch along: anything with moon and star motifs. Nitya just did a Flosstube where she includes a list of possible ideas near the end of the video, and she also talks more about the SAL. In addition to that, Maryam released an exclusive design called Balochi Moons. She said it’s inspired by Balochi needle art which is a shared craft between Baloch people of Pakistan and Iran. You can see Maryam’s design below in beautiful greens. To get her pattern, simply make a donation to Care.org and send either of them a confirmation.
For more of the latest featured posts as well as resources, you can hop on over to Cross-Stitch here on Frogging News.