This is a roundup of news that happened in the cross-stitch community this week-ish.
This is general news for cross-stitch. For more specific genre’s, please see:
- With Etsy’s fee increases for sellers, many of your favorite designers opened their own web shops or left the platform altogether rather than increase their own prices
- The Instagram account for Peacock & Fig has been hacked, keep updated via Dana’s Facebook
- OwlForest Embroidery now sells PDF charts on Etsy through a partner, Chouette Des Forets, see Instagram for details
- The 2022 spring edition of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher magazine is now available
- Adventure in the Sky is the theme for Spot Color’s May subscription box, see it on Cratejoy
- Popular needlework store, Fire Poppies, has announced their closure for retirement, see their blog for more info
- Online needlework store Linen and Threads is pausing to focus on Fox and Rabbit Designs
- XStitch Magazine announced their next theme of Country Cottage available in June, FYI you can sign up for their Patreon for $3 a month which get you back issues!
- Elayne also announced Cross Stitch School a free, six-week course with this beginning April 10th, see their website for more
- Elayne of Anabella’s announced Cross Stitch Retreats they will host 4 to 5 a year in different states see their website
- Join thecraftxperimentalist on Instagram for #StitchySpringCleaning to get those WIP piles down
- Nike is releasing a cross-stitch inspired shoe, see this post from kicksonfire.com