Learn or perfect 21 needlepoint stitches in 2021 with this gingham magnolia kit from KC Needlepoint and follow along with #2021stitchchallengekit
With the 2020 quarantine having forced us to stay inside, many people focused on hobbies to keep them busy. They took to the internet and especially social media to learn or be together as a community. KC Needlepoint noticed and were inspired by stitchers doing #ndlpt20in20 (20 projects in 2020). At the beginning of the new year, a new stitch challenge was issued and became #21stitchchallenge. KC Needlepoint also rose to the challenge and created a kit with gingham squares providing a perfect design for working on various stitches. Not only that, this great kit and the inspiration that came out of hard times is also what kicked off their brand new blog!
A few details for the #2021stitchchallengekit:
- It is a counted/charted design
- There are four colors to choose from
- Kit includes blank 13 count canvas, a charted design, threads, stretcher bars, tacks, needle, needle minder and a stitch guide with the 21 stitches
- Finished size is 12 x 12 inches
- Sara of SCT Designs (Instagram) says you might be able to order a painted canvas
- Amazon has several choices for acrylic trays for easy self-finishing, search for 12 inch acrylic tray
Click the link here to head to KC Needlepoint and purchase:
It’s hip to be square! But other shapes are cool too, so head to the top of Frogging News and select Needlepoint from the main menu to round out your education.